Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My December Holiday
During the December school holiday, my parents brought the whole family to China, Fujian Province, Fuzhou City for one and a half month vacation. We reached Shenzhen airport at almost midnight as we travelled by budget airline Tiger Airways. My uncle came to fetch us and he drove all the way back to Fuzhou on the expressway which took him ten hours to reach his village.
When I woke up in the morning, I realized that we had reached our uncle's home which is surrounded by padi field, sugar-cane field, vegetable farms, fishing ponds, fruits orchard,lakes, streams and magnificent mountains.
We spent the next couple of days in the villages visiting relatives and enjoying ourselves plucking fruits by climbing up the fruit trees. My uncle, father and me spent time climbing up trees to pluck fresh fruit and throwing down our harvest down to my mother and cousins waiting below. We plucked oranges and persimmons and we struck the olive tress with stick to harvest olives. We also enjoyed ourselves digging up sweet potatoes from the field and also chopping down freshly grown sugar-cane. We had fun frying sweet potatoes and chewing sugar-cane while lying on a hammock.
Few days later my parents decided to bring me for a fresh and easy holiday to varios big Chinese cities by train. I was delighted as this is the first time I am going to travel by train and I imagined the scenery will be beautiful and breathtaking. My parents purchased train tickets from Fuzhou to Beijing, the capital of China. It was a long nineteen hours travel, mostly travelling in the evening, throughout the night and we reached our destination the next morning. We spent the next few days touring various places of interest such as Tianannmen Square, Great Wall of China, Temple of Heavenly Prayer and WangFuJin Square. We also travelled to Shanghai, Suzhou, Kunshan and Nanjing either by trains or by coaches. We spent everyday from day to evening touring all the places of interest and savouring all the local delicacies along the streets.

3 comments:

TechClass @ Work said...

You have written such an informative entry about your December trip. Keep it up, Soo Ming.

Chloe said...

Wow! i wished i had gone to china too! =)

neosooming said...

my mother live in china so everytime we went back there.